A Scaffolding competent person is a necessity on every job site and is some one who has sufficient experience and/or knowledge to recognize scaffold hazards, correct unsafe conditions, and who has the ability to shut down the worksite until any hazards are corrected. The competent person should be the most knowledgeable person, in this case about scaffold safety, on site.
- General Safety requirements of Scaffolds (OSHA Standard)
- Erection and dismantling of Frame Scaffold.
- Erection and Dismantling of Tube & Clamps Scaffolds.
- Erection and Dismantling of System Scaffold (Cuplock).
- Mobile Scaffolds
- Suspended Scaffolds
- Inspection of all types of Scaffolds
- Calculating Scaffold Loads
- OSHA Scaffold Standards
The Scaffold Training Institute (Texas, USA) is a worldwide leader in providing scaffold training programs. Scaffold Training Institute programs have been used to train over 250,000 workers around the world since 1991, making it perhaps the number one source of scaffold training materials worldwide. STI provides both direct training by our instructors, and Train The Trainer programs to certify attendees to conduct training using STI materials.
For resources go to here